Q1. 2018 Highlights
Land prices in Satellite towns show renewed up-cycle as Nairobi land stalls
- Nairobi suburbs register a 0.2 per cent growth over the quarter while satellite suburbs post a 2.4 per cent increase.
- Satellite towns offer pockets of opportunities for investors as Nairobi’s land market is still to feel the effects of macroeconomic stability.
- Nairobi County housing scheme to potentially shift apartment pricing.
- Gigiri is the best performing suburb with asking prices increasing 4.8 per cent over the quarter while Juja is the top performer amongst satellite towns at 7.66 per cent.
- Donholm was the best performing suburb with land prices increasing by 11.93 per cent over the year while Kitengela was the top performing satellite town with a 13.25 per cent price appreciation