Q3. 2018 Highlights
Prices in satellite towns cool as investors await direction on the affordable housing policy
- Land prices for both Nairobi suburbs and satellite towns register lackluster performance as buyers await direction on the Government's affordable housing policy.
- Demand from buyers such as developers is waning as they await to see where the massive housing will be put up as this has the potential to tilt market
- Nairobi records a 0.2 per cent increase in prices over the quarter while satellite towns record a 6.34 per cent over the same time.
- Ridgeways was the best performer among suburbs with prices increasing by 2.92 per cent while Kitusuru 9.36 per cent while on an annual basis.
- Upperhill has the most expensive land at Ksh558.3 million per acre while Kiserian the least expensive land at Ksh7.1 million per acre.